I have a toddler. Hes a great eater... When it is something he wants to eat. The problem is that the things he wants to eat are not fruits or vegetables (with the exception of bananas and applesauce).
I found these on Pinterest and immediately knew I had to try them. So get all the ingredients together and then just dump one at a time into your mixer or a bowl with a hand mixer or get a good arm workout... whatever floats your boat. They are adult and kid friendly!
Originally from AllRecipes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, or to taste
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar baby food squash
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 24 mini muffin cups or 12 standard muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in the mashed bananas, squash, carrots, and eggs. Stir in the flour, oat bran, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until just combined. Spoon the batter equally into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Store at room temperature for up to two days, or freeze.
Hope your little person enjoys these as much as mine did:)