Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Festivities

I cannot believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone.  We had a wonderful time with our families and left with very full tummies.  Our Little Family went from Texas to Louisiana to Arkansas to Tennessee and back to Texas.  A few miles and a few dollars in gas, but well worth the time, money, and energy.  There really is nothing like the holidays with your family.


So here is a little recap of our Thanksgiving holiday.

We started with a Sunday night mini Thanksgiving at home.  I had been dying to make The Hub one of his family favorites:  Chicken and Dressing.  I ran across a recipe online and decided to give it a go.  I found the recipe on this blog Southern Plate.  Who cant find a million things to make at a blog called Southern Plate.  We adapted the recipe just a little to suit our tastes. 

I followed the chicken and dressing with another favorite that never disappoints.
Then there was dessert.  I have recently found I do not dislike pumpkin like I thought I did.  So I gave this little dessert a go from one of my most favorite blogs Plain Chicken.  If a pumpkin dessert may be your thing... or you need to give pumpkin another shot... this is the way to go!
I took a picture of the Pumpkin Crunch pre topping and then plated.  It was fabulous!  It will be making repeat appearances on our table.

Our Little Family loaded up Wednesday afternoon for a trip to my hometown in Louisiana to see my family.  We arrived just in time for Johnny's Pizza, a north Louisiana staple that I crave daily, and then to my Grandmother's house to visit.  Thursday morning it was a go as the family arrived and one of my most favorite meals was laid out.  We had fun with the cousins, some Amazing fried turkey (Shout out to my Aunt Sandra and Uncle Chris), all our favorite staples:  broccoli rice and cheese, dressing, stuffing, hash brown casserole, pea salad, roasted turkey, deviled eggs and good quality time with some of the best people I know.
Grandma's yard was screaming photo op... So here are some pictures of our little man celebrating Turkey Day!
How precious is this little lady, my niece, Aubrie.  Look at her pose.  She is a natural.  She is looking so much like her big sister these days.  She is about to turn 3 and has decided that she was the youngest for long enough... She bosses her little baby cousin all over the place!  He listens to her pretty well too?

After Louisiana lunch on Thursday we got in the car and headed to Arkansas to spend the evening with The Hubs family.  We arrived just in time for some cousin play time and then dinner.  Friday morning we got up bright and early to head to Tennessee for the Clanton Family Reunion. 
Craig's mothers family gathers in Jackson, Tennessee every year on the weekend after Thanksgiving.  It is the only time we all see each other through the year usually and it never disappoints.  I feel so blessed to be a part of all my "in-law" family and I enjoy our time with them as much as my Hub does... how many people get to say that? 
We all stay at a lodge in Tennessee so the whole weekend is spent together without having to separate and deal with logistics.  Not to mention all the logistics are pre-handled by a couple awesome folks whom we appreciate greatly (you know who you are)!
So lots of food, hand and foot, family board games, and visiting over a weekend that flies by way to quickly.  I was such a slacker with the camera, but I did snap a couple pictures to share.
Our little man was all about his uncles.  He apparently woke up from his nap the first afternoon and jumped right into his Uncle Paul's arms.  I wonder if Uncle Paul is feeling old since he is actually Great Uncle Paul??
This is the little guy with his cousin, Eva, who is a few months older.  Now she is a kissin cousin!


How cool is Cousin Josh!

I didn't mention the big game... it is coming in a follow up post... gloating,  yes!
We had a wonderful time with our always interesting families, We had safe travels, We are still waddling around... We are blessed everyday and so thankful to God to have each other, our health, food, our home, our families, friends, and pets. 
Love,
The Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment