Cheeseburger Meatloaf with Roasted Potatoes
originally from Rachael Ray Magazine
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Cut 1 carrot, 1 celery rib and 1 onion into 1-inch pieces. Using a food processor, finely chop the vegetables
- Add the vegetables to a bowl with the breadcrumbs. Add 2 lbs. ground chuck, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients together with your hands until just blended.
- Transfer the mixture to a 10-by-15-inch baking dish; pat the meat into a 9-by-13-inch rectangle.
- Arrange 6 colby-jack cheese sticks lengthwise on top; fold the meat over the cheese.
- Pat well into a loaf that is about 4 by 12 inches, pressing to seal the seams.
- Scatter 1 1/2 lbs. quartered red-skinned potatoes around the loaf. Drizzle lightly with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until the potatoes are tender and the cheese begins to ooze, about one hour.