Sunday Night Soup... Perfect!
I may never want a chicken noodle soup again. We made this... We were licking the bowl. We even brought our super cool neighbors some big bowls of it. They didn't know what I was talking about when I offered some hot Chicken Gnocchi soup... The husband called it Annie Oakley soup:) Why not... sounds a lot like it.
A couple ingredients, a big pot, and voila... You have some serious comfort food. Even enough to share with your neighbors if you like them as much as we like ours!
Chicken Gnocchi Soup
originally from AllRecipes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package mini potato gnocchi
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cold water (optional)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, garlic, and carrots in the hot oil until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in shredded chicken and chicken broth; bring to a simmer.