Monday, January 9, 2012

Rolo Brownie Bites

We had our friends over for dinner... and to play my  new favorite game, Blokus.  The Hubby and I are big game people.  Usually cards (usually with his family who converted me) but we are always up for something new.  Blokus is different and its fun.  A lot less strategy than people try to play with.  Maybe I like it because I have one several times?  Either way I am glad my little brother and family got it for The Hubby for Christmas... it will be well used! 
So what sounds better than Rolo Brownie Bites to go along with a game of Blokus?  Nothing, Right:)
The Hubby had been begging for these...I found them on pinterest, and I bought all the ingredients about a month or so ago and then realized, to my dismay, that I did not have a mini muffin pan.  So the mini muffin pan went on the Christmas Wish List and the brownies were put on hold.  They were worth the wait.  I would have never assumed this... but the icing made them something special.  It was fabulous.  If you have a sweet tooth... Give these a try!  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!



Rolo Brownie Bites with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
originally from Cook Lisa Cook

Printable Version


Ingredients:
1 box fudge brownie mix plus necessary eggs, oil & water per package instructions (or your favorite homemade recipe)
24 Rolo candies plus extras for the cook's snack
4 TBS. butter, softened at room temperature
4 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
2 TBS. caramel sauce
1 cup confectioners sugar


Directions:
Remove all the wrappers and refrigerate the Rolo candies. Pre-heat oven to 325F. Prepare brownies according to package directions. Grease a 24 cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray and fill each cup 3/4 full with batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and immediately press a Rolo, smaller side down, into the center of each brownie bite until the top of the Rolo is even with the top of the brownie bite. Cool for a couple of minutes then carefully remove the brownie bites from the pan to a cooking rack. Allow to cool completely.

To make the frosting, whip the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the caramel sauce and blend. Add the confectioners sugar and whip until creamy and smooth. Using a pastry or plastic bag with a piping tip, pipe the frosting onto the top of each brownie bite. Chill in the refrigerator to set the frosting a bit before serving.



Enjoy:)
The Mom

P.S. I have no idea why my pictures are rotated wrong tonight and I have no time to figure out how to adjust them... So hope you dont mind:)

No comments:

Post a Comment