Thursday, January 12, 2012

Crockpot Potato Soup

It is cold in Texas.  My car said 43 last time I got out of it... and we dont see that often down here.  I have the little man in 4 layers of clothing and I am in flannel pajamas about to curl up next to the fire place and watch a movie with The Hubby.  I wanted to share this very yummy recipe in case you need an easy Crockpot meal for a cold night too.  The recipe is a pinterest find, of course, originally from Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour.  I tweaked it a bit for our tastes and we ate this right out of our big soup mugs....


Crockpot Potato Soup
adapted from http://pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.com/2011/03/outback-aint-got-nothin-on-me.html

Printable Version

Ingredients:
1 30oz. bag of frozen, shredded hash browns
3 14oz. cans of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 T pepper
1 package of diced ham (I use John Morrell)
1 pkg. cream cheese (do not use fat free, it wont melt)

Directions:
In a crockpot, combine everything EXCEPT for the cream cheese. Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat. About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and keep heated until thoroughly melted.
Garnish with your favorite toppings. We added some shredded cheddar and green onions. Yummy!
Enjoy:)
The Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment